My Dietitian - For Optimal Health and Lifestyle
My Dietitian is a professional dietetic service that enables the
easy access to dietary counselling and general information via:
- the Internet or
- using more conventional methods such as face-to-face counselling
- the telephone.
The aim of My Dietitian is to make professional dietetic services
more accessible and personal and in this way promote improved eating habits
in the quest for optimal health.
My Dietitian (ABN: 44 260 420 784) is registered with the Office of Fair Trading, Queensland,
Australia (BN 18052678) and is owned by Maya McColm.
- Accredited Practising
Dietitian (APD), which ensures regular professional development
for maintaining skills and knowledge.
- University Science Degree and Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management.
Wide ranging dietetic experience over 12 years of clinical practice,
including 5 years as Director of Dietetics at Nambour General Hospital,
Queensland and for 1 year at Goulburn Valley Base Hospital, Shepparton,
Maya has been employed as a:
- Clinicial dietitian at the Royal Brisbane Hospital and at Princess
Alexandra Hospital (Queensland) for a total of 4 years,
- Research dietitian for the Queensland Institute of Medical Research
for 3 years.
Maya has had a private dietetic practice for 3 years and is experienced
in writing journal articles, and presenting lectures to professional
and community groups.
- Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA)
- Nutrition Australia